Submitting a valid order is important. Immediate Shipment only applies when the item is still in stock, when we have sufficient information to verify your identity, and items only ship the same day when they are ordered before 4:00 P.M. CST. Regardless of our desire to ship immediately, we cannot ship your product until we verify your identity.
In order to verify your identity, we require the following information:
- Matching Billing Address; The billing address is the address where you receive your credit card statement. You must provide you billing address exactly as it is listed with the bank that issued your credit card. Additionally, your customer name must appear exactly as your issuing bank has it on record, this is also known as the Cardholder Name.
- Matching, Valid Phone Number; You must provide us with the number listed with your issuing bank. This must also be a working number where you can be reached during our business hours.
- Listed Shipping Address; If your shipping address is the same as your billing address, you don’t need to worry about this. If it’s different, please know that we are glad to ship your package to the location that best serves your needs. However, listing your shipping address with your credit card company (a routine procedure) is your best way to guarantee prompt shipment. Otherwise shipment may be delayed due to verification efforts when shipment is to an address other than the Billing Address or one of the valid Listed Shipping Addresses.
- Valid Credit Card; We accept Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover. At this time, we accept all major credit cards but we must be able to verify the address. We currently ship to the 50 United States, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico and most countries worldwide. We must also be able to verify your billing address and, if applicable, any alternate shipping address through our automated system or by calling the card issuing bank. Any difficulties with verification may delay order processing. If for some reason we are unable to validate the shipping address, the order will not be shipped and the card will not be billed.
- Valid Email Address; This ensures that we can contact you effectively.
- Special Case: Debit Cards. Using a debit card (even with a Visa/MasterCard logo) may result in additional steps in verification. Although we will do our best to process your order quickly, using a debit card may delay the order slightly.
We take two steps to protect the security of your credit card and your identity. We verify your information to protect your identity by ensuring that you are the person using your card. When a SIRS Electronics Inc – SIRS-E® customer places an order, we take the necessary steps to make sure that we have the correct cardholder’s information.
SIRS Electronics Inc – SIRS-E® takes extra measures to ensure that your identity is protected and that using your credit card is safe. As a result, your experience with us may differ somewhat from your experience with other online retailers. The end result is that shopping at sirs-e.com is safer than shopping at a store. There may be some extra steps in the process, but we’re confident you will agree with us that these steps are a small price to pay to secure your identity.
Enter your billing information exactly as it appears on your credit card statement. This includes your name, billing address, and your phone number. Remember, incomplete or incorrect information may slow order processing and preclude Immediate Shipment.
The best way to avoid delays in verifying your information is to call your credit card company. When you call, let them know that you would like to list an authorized/alternate shipping address. If this is not a feature they offer, ask them to put it in the memo area of their computer system; this will suffice. This will expedite the verification process so your item can ship immediately.
If we don’t have one or more of your items in stock, we will notify you via email / Phone and let you know how long it will be before we can ship your item(s). Any item on backorder will remain active for 30 days unless you ask us to cancel the item(s). You will receive regular updates in order to keep you up to uodated on the current status of your order – that is our commitment! If you don’t want to wait for your product that is on backorder, we may suggest you to purchase a similar item.
Reserve the Right to Refuse Orders:
SIRS Electronics Inc – sirs-e reserves the right to refuse orders for any reason, including suspicion (not proof) of credit card fraud. Further, SIRS Electronics Inc – sirs-e reserves the right to disclose information identified as likely to be fraudulent to credit-card companies, their investigators, and the proven cardholder.
The Federal Trade Commission takes credit card fraud very seriously. We’re confident you will appreciate these additional steps we take at our expense to ensure your identity and credit card remain secure and protected for your use and no one else’s.
SIRS Electronics Inc – sirs-e reserves the right to request additional information such as the number on the back of the credit card or a faxed copy of your state ID and credit card.
No Sales Tax Collected:
We do not collect sales tax except where required by law. (We only collect tax for packages shipped to Texas.) SIRS Electronics Inc –SIRS-E® is required to collect sales tax in the state of Texas only. If you reside in Texas and/or if your order is to be shipped to this state, then sales tax will be added to your order during the check-out process.
If you are tax exempt please send us a copy of your tax exempt certificate via fax or email and write your order number on the certificate. After we receive your tax exempt certificate we will remove the tax from your order total and your credit card bill will reflect the total cost of your order minus the tax amount. During the check out process please note in comments that you are tax exempt and will forward a copy of your tax exempt certificate. Your order will not be processed unless a copy of the certificate is received at our office.