PATHPORT OCTO 8-PORT NODE, FRONT RJ45 ETHERCON, UPGRADE
The latest addition to the Pathport line up, the Pathport Octo node is an eight-port rack-mountable node, providing compact installation for any size system. The Octo also provides a simple, straightforward replacement option for Pathfinder matrix switching systems.
Eight inputs, eight outputs – or any combination in between, the Octo provides all the features and flexibility Pathports are renowned for, at our lowest cost-per-port.
Status LEDs provide instant confirmation of port direction and activity. The LCD display offers further diagnostics and a basic configuration interface. Most users will not need a computer to set up the Octo. Full configuration, especially for multi-node installations, is easily done using Pathport Manager 5.
Standard operating features include crossfade between sources, configure DMX speed and signal loss behavior port-by-port, and multi-protocol support. Even automatically merge different DMX-over-Ethernet protocols together.
Available in our new, ruggedized aluminum housing, with either front or rear connectors. An adaptor kit is available to readily convert the rear terminal strips to an IDC connector for use with Cat5 building wire.
PATHFINDER LR/MR USERS: The Octo is well-suited for upgrading Pathfinder installations to an Ethernet-enabled system. We also have an adapter kit that allows retaining all existing DMX wiring. Simply unplug the LR or MR modules, swap in the Octos, and replug. Simple, fast and very cost effective.
- Eight ports, individually configurable as inputs or outputs
- DMX routing on a universe or channel-bychannel basis
- Multi-source merging or prioritizing
- Address up to 128 universes
- Two units can be linked together without needing an external Ethernet switch
- Front display provides diagnostic feedback and basic configuration
- Full configuration using Pathport Manager software
- Supports Pathport Protocol, ArtNet, Strand ShowNet and E1.31 streaming ACN (Net3)
- On a price-per-port basis, our most cost-effective node
- 2500V signal opto isolation
- 250V DMX fault protection
A special order model with front and rear connectors is available, intended for Pathfinder systems requiring the direct pass-through of signal.
Adaptor kits for Cat5 building wire or for reuse of existing terminal strip termination of exisiting building wire are also available.
Operational Note when using Artnet or Shownet
The ArtNet protocol is explicitly sent to a broadcast address, typically 184.108.40.206 or 10.255.255.255. The Octo must have its subnet mask set wide enough to include this broadcast address. When using ArtNet, a Class A subnet mask of 255.0.0.0 is recommended to ensure DMX output.
Shownet is explicitly sent to 192.168.1.255. On most Shownet systems, an Octo should use an IP of 192.168.1.x and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.