DMX to USB Interface 3 Pin XLR By SIRS-E
DMX to USB Interface | SIRS-E® 0079-3 (3 Pin XLR)
The DMX to USB Interface SIRS-E® 0079-3 (3 pin XLR) product is a robust single universe bi-directional DMX512 interface communicating with the host computer over USB. An onboard Atmel microcontroller ensures complete timing accuracy and no flickering effects no matter what your computer is doing. Device communication using FTDI virtual COM port (VCP) or direct (D2XX) drivers allows use of any mainstream OS. RDM functionality is also available by default.
Description of DMX to USB Interface SIRS-E® 0079-3
- Supported operating systems: Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, Server 2008.
- Supported operating systems: Linux, Mac OS X, OS 9, OS 8.
- DMX512 Transmitter or Receiver.
- Tough metal enclosure.
- Available with 3 pin or 5 pin XLR socket, no adapter purchase required.
- No external power supply required.
- ANSI E1.11-2008 and E1.20-2006 compliant (DMX512-A and RDM).
E1.11 Higher Protection Level DMX512-A Protected device.
Internal double buffered DMX512 streams resulting in zero lost frames.
Configuration utility (Windows platform only .NET 3.5 contact support for other OS).
Firmware update utility (Windows platform only .NET 3.5 contact support for other OS).
Microprocessor / Protection EFI for high Voltage & Static.
USB mini-B socket and LEDs for status indication. (See Manual chart for details)
DMX to USB Interface | SIRS-E® 0079-3 Technical Specifications
Dimensions: 40mmx36mmx78mm (WxHxD)
Weight: 0.1kg (.22 Lbs)
DMX512 connector: 3 or 5 pin XLR Female.
Internal DMX512 line biasing termination.
USB connector: USB mini-B socket
DMX512 Frame Rate and Break Timing: Adjustable
DMX512 Port Protection: DMX512-A Protected as per E1.11-2008
Accessories (Sold Separately)
TERN01 – DMX512 Terminator, 3 Pole Male Connector
TERN02 – DMX512 Terminator, 5 Pole Male Connector
DMX-TEST-01 – DMX Tester & Terminator 3 Pin XLR
DMX-TEST-02 – DMX Tester & Terminator 5 Pin XLR
DMX512 is the most commonly used lighting control protocol with roots in simple theatrical light dimming. These days almost any lighting or stage effect equipment may be controlled using DMX512 (with explicit exclusion of anything involving potentially dangerous operations such as pyrotechnics) including moving lights, LED screens, fog machines and laser displays.
The DMXking ultraDMX unit is an entry level device designed for use with computer based show control software. It replaces an entire lighting console allowing the user to perform sophisticated shows with little more than a laptop. There are many free and commercial software packages available and by selecting the Enttec USB Pro as your DMX device compatibility is guaranteed. Some software manufacturers have added support for DMXking interfaces so select this option where possible as additional features will be added in future firmware releases.
- Laser Show Designer QuickShow Pangolin
- Venue Magic
- MagicQ ChamSys (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- LX Series (Mac OS-X)
- Q Lighting Controller (Linux, Mac OS-X, Windows)
- LSC Clarity (Windows, Mac OS-X)
- ChromaKinetics StageConsole & tools
- Visual Show Automation (VSA Brookshire Software)
- Osf Solutions
- External for Max Cycling 74 (Windows, OS-X)
- White Cat Lighting Board
- Chameleon Lighting Software (Mac)
- LightsOn Framework (Mac OS-X)
- MADRIX LED Lighting Control
- FireOne Flames
- vvv a multipurpose toolkit